Dorsett - Your Rewards (hereinafter referred to as the “Program”) is a loyalty program designed to reward guests for staying at a Dorsett or d.Collection hotels participating in the Program as set out in Appendix 1 (the “Participating Hotels”) under Dorsett Hospitality International Limited and its subsidiaries, associated companies and affiliates (“Dorsett”). The following terms and conditions are intended to protect guests who successfully enrol in the Program (“Members” and “Membership” shall be construed accordingly). Should you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact our Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.dorsett-yourrewards.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Program Website”).
A guest may join the Program in any one of the following ways:
- During his or her stay at a Participating Hotel;
- By registering online and completing the required information on the Program Website, www.dorsett.com, www.dorsetthotels.com or www.dcollection.com; or
- By submitting the registration form and returning it to one of the Participating Hotels.
By participating in the Program and taking advantage of its benefits, you agree that:
- you will maintain and use only one account under the Program at any time;
- you are the only individual using your Membership in the Program (i.e. you are not sharing your account with anyone);
- you have provided valid contact information;
- you only have one email address for the Membership account;
- you have read and understood these General Conditions of Use;
- you are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in your state or province of residence, whichever is older and you have the legal capacity to sign a contract in your home country; and
- you have not enrolled as a company and/or other entity (only individuals are permitted to enrol in the Program).
Members must accept this General Conditions of Use, the Personal Information Collection Statement and the Personal Data Privacy Statement and Security Policy on the Program Website , either online or at the hotel.
Once accepted, Member will benefit fully from all the Program services, including access to the different functions of the Program Website (such as accessing the Program, checking his/her Membership account, redeeming points earned under the Program (“Program Points”), etc.).
The Program Membership is only open to individuals resident in the countries in which the Program is permitted to operate by law.
An “Eligible Stay” refers to a stay by a Member when:
- it is booked through an “Eligible Booking Channel” (refer to Section 3 below); AND
- its room-related expenses meet the “Eligible Rates” (refer to Section 4 below).
An Eligible Stay allows a Member to earn Program Points and accumulate room nights (“Eligible Nights”) for earning one of the status levels under the Program (hereinafter referred to as the “Member Status”) to enjoy the many different benefits and privileges under the different status levels.
An Eligible Stay is not bound by the means of payment i.e. regardless of who the room is paid by or how the room is paid for, as long as the Member actually stays in any of the Participating Hotels that will be deemed Eligible Stay.
Member can collect Program Points and Eligible Nights for up to three rooms, including the room Member is staying in or stayed in plus a maximum of two additional rooms that are/ were occupied by other parties provided that (i) Member has/ had made these room reservations; (ii) Member is staying/ stayed in another room in the same Participating Hotel during the same period; and (iii) that the additional room(s) is /are/ was/ were not occupied by another Member.
In the event the expenses related to the Eligible Stay are/ were partly paid by cash and partly redeemed by Program Points, only the part that is paid by cash will be eligible for Program Points.
Eligible Booking Channels
Only stays booked at Eligible Rates via an authorized Dorsett distribution channel are entitled to earn Program Points. The eligible reservation channels include:
- reservation center of the Participating Hotels; and
- online travel websites which have direct distribution partnership (direct contract) with Participating Hotels #.
(collectively the “Eligible Booking Channels”)
# Eligible stays do not include stays booked via a reseller tour operator or through unauthorized travel agents on online travel websites. These stays do not enable the Member to earn Program Points or to collect Eligible Nights to obtain a Member Status.
Member’s redeemed stay(s) including but not limited to complimentary stay, partially paid by cash and partially settled by Program Points (except the part that is paid by cash), and birthday stay will not be entitled to earn Program Points .
Room-related expenses (including room rate, room upgrade fee, late check-out, early check-in, etc.) that are booked via the Eligible Booking Channels and at an eligible rate which is equal to or above the respective Participating Hotel’s minimum qualified rate (“Eligible Rate”) will earn Member his/her Program Points and accumulate Eligible Nights for Member Status.
In the event a stay is for more than one (1) night, the average daily room rate will be used as the Eligible Rate.
All cancelled and no-show bookings will not accrue any Points or Eligible Nights even if the bookings are fully paid.
When Member has an Eligible Stay at one of the Participating Hotels and this stay includes at least one paid night, the Member’s account is credited with Program Points corresponding to the stay.
Points are calculated based on the expenses related to the Eligible Stay (refer to Section 2 above), excluding service charge, tax, VAT or GST. The Eligible Stay must be settled in full. In other words, the payment must have been accepted and confirmed by the Participating Hotel.
A guest must already be a Member at the time of stay in order to earn Program Points.
Program Points are valid for 18 months from date of issuance and are cancelled at the end of the 18th month, e.g.if Program Points are earned on 15 September 2018, the expiry date for the Program Points would be 30 March 2020.
Program Points Scale
The Program offers four Member Status levels attributed according to the number of Eligible Nights earned: Classic, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Each Eligible Booking Channel (refer to Section 3 above) has its own Program Points generosity scale to earn Program Points, as shown in the table below:
Eligible Booking Channels Program Points Scale Percentage Booking directly with the Participating Hotel e.g. through its official website and hotel reservation center 3% of the expenses related to Eligible Stays excluding service charge, tax, VAT or GST Booking via online travel websites through its direct distribution partnership with the Participating Hotel 1.5% of the expenses related to Eligible Stays excluding service charge, tax, VAT or GST
- The expenses related to the Eligible Stay excluding service charge, tax, GST and VAT in the local currency of the Participating Hotel will be converted into US dollars according to the exchange rate adopted by Dorsett.
- The expenses related to the Eligible Stay in US dollars will then be converted into the Program Points based on the table in the Program Points scale (refer to Section 6 above) and on 1 US Dollar to 1 Program Point basis
Silver Members and above will be entitled to additional Program Points according to the Additional Bonus Points Multiplier listed below, subject to the Member Status at the time of check-out.
Member Status Additional Bonus Points Multiplier Classic n/a Silver X 1.1 (10% more) Gold X 1.2 (20% more) Platinum X 1.3 (30% more)
- When application of the Program Points earned scale leads to Program Points with a decimal fraction, Program Points will be rounded to the nearest one decimal place. e.g. If the Program Point earned is 1.14 (or below), it will be rounded down to 1.1; if the Program Point earned is 1.15 (or above), it will be rounded up to 1.2.
The earned Program Points will be adjusted to the Program Points balance in the Member’s account 24 hours after check-out date. Program Points and Eligible Nights cannot be transferred to another Member. They are strictly personal.
Program Points have no monetary value. Under no circumstances can unused Program Points be encashed.
The Program Points are credited to Members as long as they stay in a Participating Hotel. Only one (1) Member will be credited Program Points per room. If two or more Members are sharing a room, it is the Member’s responsibility to advise the hotel at the time of reservation as to which Member’s account the Program Points should be credited to.
Members may at any time achieve a higher Member Status when they reach the required number of Eligible Nights, as shown in the table below (note that day use does not constitute an Eligible Night).
Member Status Number of Eligible Nights in a Membership year Classic Newly enrolled, 0 – 7 Eligible Nights Silver 8 – 19 Eligible Nights Gold 20 – 29 Eligible Nights Platinum 30 or above Eligible Nights
- Each Member Status lasts for twelve (12) months (a Membership year) from the effective date of the new Status.
- At the start of each new Membership year, an assessment is made of Eligible Nights earned by a Member during the previous Membership year:
- If, at the end of the Membership year, Member has not stayed for the required number of nights to retain him o her in his or her current Status, he or she will attain the Member Status according to the number of Eligible Nights Member stayed in the previous Membership year.
- If Member reaches a higher Member Status at any time during the Membership year, the new Status will be effective automatically 24 hours after the check-out date of the last stay at the Participating Hotel. Member will receive an email notifying him/her of the new Member Status attained. The new Member Status will thereafter last for the ensuing 12 months
- The Member Status and the earned Eligible Nights will expire if the Membership account becomes inactive for a continuous period of thirty (30) months or more.
- Only Members are entitled to the benefits according to their Member Status under the Program.
Members are entitled to enjoy the below benefits according to their Membership tiers. Selected benefits are exclusive to bookings made directly with a Participating Hotel or on the Program Website only.
Dorsett – Your Rewards Program Benefits (last update 2018.07.17)